Christmas Ham Mustard Glaze
This simple 2 ingredient glaze is just perfect for Christmas Ham.
• 1 x Saskia Beer Berkshire Ham
• 1 x Jar of Dijon grainy mustard
• 100 grams off Dark brown sugar
1. Make sure your ham is at room temperature before glazing (take out of the fridge 2-3 hours before cooking).
2. Cut a circle around the Hock at the base of the ham and gently start easing the skin off. Be very careful as you want to keep as much fat on as possible.
3. Once the ham is skinned, pre heat a fan forced oven to 180 degrees.
4. Score the ham (cut the fat into a criss cross pattern by carving lines first moving left to right, then turn the ham and go right to left , try not to go down to the skin (you only want to score the fat).
5. Bake the ham for approximately 45-50 minutes. The skin should caramelise and be a lovely brown colour. Your ham is ready when it is beautiful and burnished.
6. Rest for up to 2 hours.
7. Carve at the table and enjoy!